January 16, 2017

Frequently Asked Questions

How Do I ...

Apply for Weatherization?

Please contact 211 (a free call) and they will help you determine if you qualify for a referral to this program, and let you know next steps for an appointment. Below is the list of documents you should bring to your appointment.

Weatherization Required Documents are as follows:


  • Filed deed, filed land contract, or mobile home title (must have correct names on it, or death certificate or marriage license/divorce decree).
    • Filed deeds and land contracts can be obtained from you local Register of Deeds office
    • Mobile Home titles can be obtained at the Secretary of State
    • Renters: Also need completed landlord/tenant agreement and property tax statement (obtained at your local Community Action).


  • Photo of the front of your home
  • Valid Michigan ID with correct addresses for everyone in the home 18 years of age and older
  • Social Security Cards for all members of the home
  • Most recent gas bill
  • Most recent electric bill
  • Proof of household income for the previous 3 months.
    • This must include all income received for the 3 months prior to the date of appointment/application. For example: If appointment is 12/15/11, must show all income from 9/15/11 thru 12/15/11.
    • Proof of income may include, but is not limited to: check stubs and award letters for unemployment, Social Security, SSI, SDA, FIP, Veterans benefits, pensions, and annuities
    • Bank statements are NOT accepted as proof of income


posted 10-04-2012 []