January 16, 2017

Frequently Asked Questions

How Do I ...

Volunteer with Community Action?


  1. Click the link above
  2. Click Register to fill out the application
  3. View the available Volunteer Opportunities and click APPLY!


You may also download the pdf versions of the applications

Volunteer Application                       

Foster Grandparent Volunteer Application

Thank you for considering volunteer opportunities with Community Action!

As a non-profit organization, Community Action depends on volunteers to help keep so many of their programs running. Considering that Community Action provides assistance to low-income families and individuals, senior citizens over 60, disabled persons, and at-risk children, there are many programs that could use your help.

To begin the volunteer process, we ask that you print off a copy of the volunteer application form  or visit your local Community Action office and pick up a copy. If you're interested in volunteering for our Foster Grandparent Program, please use the application form. Once you have filled it out, please deliver the application to your local Community Action office, or mail it to:

Community Action
175 Main St.
Battle Creek, MI 49016

If you'd like more information on how to volunteer with Community Action, or more details about a particular program that you would like to volunteer with, please call us toll free at 1-877-422-2726.

posted 12-09-2014 []